- Are you suffering from stress and anxiety and just want to feel calm and in control?
- Are you a smoker who wants to quit so you can stop putting your health at risk?
- Are you trying to lose weight but can’t stop eating or lack the motivation to exercise?
- Are you suffering from low self-confidence or low self-worth as a result of past trauma?
- Are you experiencing distressing emotions, flash backs or nightmares from disturbing memories?
- Do you have ambitions for advancing in certain areas of your life but performance anxiety is holding you back?
- Are you tired of feeling walked over by others and wish to become more assertive?
- Are you wanting to achieve more however, procrastination and a lack of motivation are holding you back?
- Are you suffering from a phobia which is preventing you from fully enjoying your life?
- Do you have a nervous habit that you wish you could stop?
- Or are you lacking direction and inspiration in your life and don’t know why or what is holding you back?
As a holistic therapist I understand that your mind, emotions, physical body and spirit are all fundamentally interconnected. Illness, emotional issues and dysfunctional behavioural patterns are often a physical reflection of a deeper underlying psychological issue. When we can ignore, deny or repress an issue for too long, symptoms can begin to manifest themselves physically in the body as an illness or disease or as a self-defeating behavioural pattern. If we are willing to listen to the message our body is sending us, we could use it as an opportunity to look inward and examine our thoughts and feelings. We may be able to discover a link between our thoughts, emotions and behavioural patterns and perhaps determine whether there is something we need to change. Understanding the meaning of our symptoms is what is needed to begin the healing process.
Our negative behaviours, habits and symptoms are most often caused by emotional problems as a result of unresolved negative experiences and events that have occurred in our lives. These emotional problems if left unresolved, often continue to impact us at the unconscious level. When we can become aware of the unconscious beliefs and conditioning held within the subconscious mind, we can then choose to transform and release them. When the internal pressure or resistance is removed from the mind, a space is created that enables us to be open to new healthier and more functional ways of being. The body and mind is designed to heal itself as it has its own in-built healing mechanism. If we can remove the blocks from the mind, we can then allow the natural innate healing capabilities of the mind and body to resume its own healing. When old negative thinking patterns are released, the mind and body will naturally feel lighter, more flexible and at ease because there will be less resistance and internal conflict in the mind. You will find that you will have more clarity and be able to focus more easily on those things that you want and have more energy to achieve your goals and desires. You will feel calmer, more relaxed and have a greater sense of well-being. Dedication and commitment to developing our own self-awareness and understanding, is essential for healing to occur and vital in making positive changes in our lives. Willingness, persistence, courage and action are the keys to transformational change.
See below for a more detailed description of the symptoms that our services aim to treat.
- Have you lost touch with who you are and what make you feel fulfilled in your life?
- Are you feeling stuck in your life and can’t seem to move forward?
The expectations of the modern world and the fast pace of today’s society can often cause us to deny, ignore and repress our emotions, burying them deeper within ourselves in an attempt to keep up. Find out more.
ANXIETY, FEARS AND PHOBIAS
- Do you feel nervous, anxious and withdrawn all the time?
- Do you find it difficult to relax and focus on the present moment without worrying about what may or may not happen?
Most of us experience some level of fear or anxiety from time to time, but for some people, persistent feelings of nervousness and dread can become debilitating. Find out more.
LOW SELF-ESTEEM OR SELF-CONFIDENCE
- Do you find yourself frequently apologising and are you quick to blame yourself when things go wrong?
- Are you overly critical of yourself, doubt yourself constantly or are you even self-loathing?
Life at times can be difficult enough without having the extra burden of carrying around additional feelings of low self-worth. Find out more.
- Do you feel like you are always playing catch up and can never seem to get on top of your life?
- Are you having difficulty sleeping at night because you are worried about what you have to do tomorrow?
In today’s modern, face pasted world, effective stress management is essential for a balanced lifestyle and vital for our psychological, emotional and physical well-being. Find out more.
OVERWEIGHT AND EMOTIONAL EATING
- Do you find yourself eating when you are not actually hungry?
- Are you using food as a source of comfort when you are depressed, bored or anxious?
When it comes to weight control and wanting to lose weight, most people don’t realise or understand how significantly our feelings influence our eating habits. Find out more.
- Do you have difficulty falling asleep at night?
- Are you having difficulty staying asleep and find yourself waking up in the middle of the night or too early in the morning?
We live in a face paced modern society, where the demands to keep up and the expectations that are placed on us from work, relationships and society can at times take its toll. Find out more.
LACK OF MOTIVATION
- Do you feel stuck, uninspired and have low energy?
- Do you procrastinate often out of a fear that what you do won’t be good enough?
Research suggests that around one-fifth of adults and half of all students procrastinate. Procrastination can be an action of postponing or delaying something, out of fear of failure, excessive perfectionism, a lack of focus or low energy levels. Find out more.
PERFECTIONISM AND CONTROL ISSUES
- Is your perfectionism habit placing excessive pressure on you and the people around you, causing you more stress?
- Do you have a fear of losing control and so find yourself being over diligent and trying to control everything?
Perfectionists are often too focused on striving to be perfect and doing things perfectly to realise that the real issue lies much deeper inside. Find out more.
HABITS AND ADDICTIONS
- Do you want to stop smoking but can’t find the willpower to stop?
- Do you have an embarrassing nervous habit that you wish you could stop?
Feelings of anxiety can manifest themselves in a variety of ways including addictions like smoking or dysfunctional habits like nail biting, comfort eating, or trichotillomania (hair pulling). Find out more.
Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Intrusive memories
- Nightmares and flashbacks
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, you most probably have experienced some form of trauma in your life for which you have not resolved the emotions related to a past disturbing experience. Find out more.